On this project, you’ll outline and apply numerous persona theories to your private life experiences. The project consists of two components. Be sure you full each components.
In psychology, persona theorists have sought to know the traits and different elements that decide our very nature. A few of these elements are innate, and others appear to be formed by environmental forces. Every idea takes a unique method to understanding persona. Familiarity with theories of persona will enable you to know and set up behaviors that you just observe in others and your self.
Half I: Apply every of the 4 persona theories to your private life expertise by answering the next questions.
- The 5 Issue Mannequin of Persona: Clarify the place you fall on every of the 5 dimensions or traits on this idea. Talk about whether or not you are feeling you had been “born with” this trait or if you happen to really feel this trait developed by way of experiences in your surroundings (corresponding to household experiences or different studying experiences). Primarily based in your expertise, clarify whether or not persona traits are primarily organic (innate) or environmental (discovered) (Nature vs. Nurture).
- Albert Bandura’s Social Studying Concept: Describe how social studying idea performed an affect in your individual persona improvement. Determine whose habits you modeled and supply particular particulars to explain the methods wherein their habits influenced you.
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Wants: Determine which stage of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Wants you’re at the moment experiencing. Clarify which degree you hope to expertise sooner or later.
- Freudian Concept of Persona Construction: Relating to your individual persona functioning, present an instance of how your individual Id, Ego, and Superego may all work collectively that can assist you meet your wants and have a profitable life. Many up to date psychologists disagree with Freud, and do not consider that the unconscious thoughts performs an necessary function in day-after-day habits. Primarily based in your readings in psychology, in addition to your individual experiences, do you consider that the unconscious thoughts is necessary in on a regular basis life? Why or why not?
Your response needs to be a three–Four-page Microsoft Phrase doc written in a transparent, concise, and arranged method. Be sure you display moral scholarship in correct illustration and attribution of sources (i.e., APA); and show correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation. For assist citing sources, click on on Educational Assets underneath Course Dwelling.
Half II: Psychological Autobiography
On this course, you could have utilized a number of theories and ideas from psychology to your individual life. On this half, you’ll re-write the Autobiography submitted in Module 1 utilizing the fabric you explored all through the course.
- In your Psychological Autobiography, describe your life in a method that comes with 12–15 phrases and ideas you discovered on this class. You do not want to investigate your struggles on this project, or disclose delicate materials. The aim of the project is to easily apply the ideas we explored all through the course to your individual life historical past in an on a regular basis method.
- In your Psychological Autobiography, you could use any phrases, analysis, ideas, or theories coated in school, nonetheless, you should use phrases and concepts from at the least 5 of the next theorists or views:
There may be room for creativity on this project! What’s most necessary is that you just present the trainer how a lot you could have discovered on this course by making use of a number of theories, phrases, or ideas to your life story. At a minimal, it’s best to use info out of your lectures and readings on this portion of the paper. This portion of the LASA project needs to be 2–three pages in size. Listed below are some recommendations for growing your Psychological Autobiography:
- Write your life historical past in line with a number of of the developmental stage theories.
- Apply key ideas to your early improvement.
- Clarify how the ideas apply to your present life scenario.