Week 7 Assessment: Case Study 2: Employee Relations and Performance Management
Worth up to 25 points and 25% of course grade
The purpose of the activity is for you to evaluate and critique employee relations and
performance management issues and recommend employee relations and performance
Assignment alignment with Course Competencies:
• Interpret HR performance management issues and challenges to develop strategic
solutions and interventions.
• Critique performance management initiatives to ensure alignment with HR and
• Recommend performance management solutions or initiatives to address dynamic
customer and stakeholder needs.
• Understand and apply metrics to determine the effectiveness of performance management
programs in supporting HR and organizational goals.
• Recommend employee retention strategies to align with HR and organizational goals.
• Understand and apply employee relations practices to enhance organizational
effectiveness and minimize organizational risk.
1. Read the entire case study carefully (including exhibits A – D) and then respond to the
seven Discussion Questions on page 6. Answer all questions and all parts of each
2. Develop each answer to the fullest extent possible, including citations from course
resources, where applicable, to support your arguments.
3. Submit your assignment as a separate MS Word document in your assignments folder.
Do not type your answers into the case study document.
4. Include a Cover Page with Name, Date, and Title of Assignment.
5. Do not include the original question. Use the following format: Question 1, Question 2,
6. Each response should be written in complete sentences, double-spaced and spell-checked.
Use 12-point Times New Roman font with 1-inch margins on all sides.
7. Include page numbers according to APA formatting guidelines.
8. Include citations in APA format at the end of each answer.
9. You must submit to the assignment link by the due date (final day of class). A missing
assignment will be assigned a grade of 0.