For this discussion, you will be assessing the following help desk ticket below from Chikako (connectivity issue). Use the CompTIA 6-step troubleshooting process below to help figure out the connectivity issue.
CompTIA 6-Step Troubleshooting Process:
1. Identify the problem.
2. Establish a theory of probable cause.
3. Evaluate the theory to determine the actual cause.
4. Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and implement the solution.
5. Verify full system functionality and if applicable, implement preventative measures.
6. Document findings, actions, and outcomes.
Raised by: Chikako Sato, buyer, Tokyo office
Category: Connectivity Issue
THIS IS URGENT. Chikako called me at the help desk, saying his computer is up and working but cannot log into the domain. He has a meeting in 25 minutes and needs files and the PowerPoint for the meeting!
I cannot take over their machine remotely nor can I ping it. Can you help?
There are multiple potential solutions. You can pick one of the four below or have a different potential solution of your own.
· bad cable
· bad NIC
· switch failure
· DHCP server down
Focus on only one of the potential solutions for stepping through the six steps of the troubleshooting process. Answer the first four out of the six steps in your post. For the third CompTIA step, what would it take to prove your theory correct or incorrect? Example: If I do X and Y happens, then that is the issue. If Z happens, it is something else.
-research paper writing service