Team Discussion: Apply Your Skills – Medical Industry
Throughout this course, you will be participating with your peers on an operations management task force team. For your initial task, your team will meet to create an idea for your business and decide who will work in your self-selected industry. But first, let’s learn more about the company. Nanotechnology Solutions is a large corporation that owns several subsidiaries in these fields:
• Medical Industry
Nanotechnology Solutions not only owns your branch; but is the main supplier of your product line. For further information about the company, read the document, Nanotechnology Solutions, Inc., About Us.
Your first step is to select a team that you would like to be a part of. Each team is listed above, so please select your team based on your interest. You are to make your team decision by Wednesday of this week. Once your team is full, decide on who will be the team leader. This person will be responsible for submitting your team’s work throughout the course.
Before we begin, please read the following documents that will walk you through how to self-select your team and how to access your team in the future:
• How to Self-Select My Group [PDF, 259 KB]
• Accessing My Team [PDF, 235 KB]
Think about what you do in your job or what you aspire to do. Get to know one another in your task force and discuss the following keeping in mind the possible role you may take on in your group:
• How would you fit into Nanotechnology Solutions as a problem solver?
• How are you going to take what you know and apply it to the skills in this course?
• Identify your skill-set and explain how they are transferrable and will contribute to the success of your branch company. (ie. How do you envision your current skill set playing a role on the task force for the project for this course?)
You will collaborate with your team in this discussion forum.
This assignment is due by the end of the module, so please visit often and contribute.